There’s nothing better than a Grand Opening of a new storefront in your local area! Brides of Florida has been around for quite a while in Kendall but recently moved to a new spot in the area and tonight was … Continue reading
Nothing makes me happier than seeing other fellow vendors, I’ve worked with and that I love, being successful and doing great things for their business. Salvage Snob finally got a home in Miami and we were kindly invited to attend … Continue reading
One of the most amazing vendors and event stylists I have ever worked with has got to be The Salvage Snob in Miami, Florida. They offer the most amazing vintage and shabby chic furniture and decor for brides and grooms … Continue reading
As a photographer and certified wedding coordinator, I get the question all the time… “Do I/Should I really hire a wedding coordinator for my wedding?” The answer is: You don’t have to! But, it will save you a lot of time, a lot of stress, and a lot of money if you do. If you can’t afford a full on coordinator a Day-of would be your best route, and it’ll be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make.
I have had the privilege of working with Missy and can assure you she is amongst one of the best wedding coordinators I have ever met. She is my Go-to Girl. When I get booked to photograph a wedding that I know has no coordinator, I recommend her first before anyone to my brides. Here is what she had to say on the importance of a Wedding Coordinator:
1. For people who may not be familiar with you or your work, can you share a bit of how you got started in the wedding industry?
I can honestly say that coordinating a wedding is like putting a puzzle together. “It just comes natural to me and the best part about it is that I enjoy doing it. I don’t consider it work”. It all began as a favor when a very good friend was engaged. I accompanied her to all her appointments and found myself negotiating her vendor contracts while keeping her on budget. As time progressed, I realized that this was what I saw myself doing for the rest of my life. I love the ability to maintain working relationships with various vendors in the industry, the ability to negotiate contracts in order to keep clients on budget, and best of all I absolutely receive a sense of pleasure when I have the opportunity to share a couple’s special day. Being able to create memories that will last a lifetime is what I aim for.
2. Can you provide a detailed list of all the items included in your fee?
As a wedding coordinator, my duties include:
- unlimited consultations with you via telephone/email
- Discussion of theme, color, style and complete wedding design
- Research of wedding professionals in each category that fit your event style and
- budget and to provide you with suggestions and guidance in making the final
- unlimited hours of professional in-person consultation time throughout the
- planning process
- various quotes from different vendors in order to complete vendor selection
- recommend vendors
- Visit to both ceremony and reception sites prior to wedding
- Complete wedding day coordination
- Development of a detailed wedding timeline and for contracted vendors and bridal
- Follow up telephone calls to all contracted vendors 1-2 weeks before wedding day
- Wedding Rehearsal Supervision & assistance
- On-site coordination and supervision at the ceremony site and during the
- reception on the day of your wedding
- Review vendor contracts & schedule vendor arrival times
- Overseeing the setup and decoration of the ceremony and reception
- Provide help to the bride, bridesmaids, groom, groomsmen, etc.
- Make sure all personal belongings belonging to the Bride & Groom are collected
- the day of event while making sure wedding gifts are collected and given to Bride
- & Groom and/or family member of ceremony and reception items (candles, favors,
- or as couple may deem necessary)
- Assisting photographer by arranging family members & wedding party for
- Day of Event: Emergency Kit – includes but not limited to (band-aids, Tylenol, stain remover, pins, hairspray, brush, crazy glue, scissors)
3. What is the biggest lesson you learned your first year in business?
“Treat your clients’ wedding as if it were you own, in order to set the bar high”.
4. What is the best advice you would give a bride and groom on their wedding day?
Regardless of a couple’s wedding budget, it is extremely important to hire a wedding coordinator.
6. Why is it important to hire a Wedding Coordinator?
Weddings are very important events; most women dream of this day since childhood. It is the day that you celebrate your love with your spouse and invite the closest people to you to witness the matrimony. It is also a grand occasion and no matter how small it is, you need to plan it thoroughly so that your guests are happy and comfortable so that you are able to create memories with them.
A wedding can be overwhelming with many details such as the photographer to contact, the florist to call, the officiant to discuss things with, the catering to do and the reception hall to book. Personally you will have to think about what to wear and how to accessorize it. It is important to put all these things together correctly in order to have a glamorous & memorable wedding. You will need to hire wedding consultant if you do not have time or are not very knowledgeable about holding such events. Hiring a wedding consultant will alleviate the person even if you are a pro at hosting events. A wedding consultant will ensure that nothing on your budget list is left out and will guarantee that all your details are put together the day of your grand event. The first benefit that the couple derives from the wedding planner is reduced costs. From experience, the coordinator is able to find lower prices for products and services. Again, she will be able to use her familiarity with the vendors to get you special favors that will become helpful if you are on a budget. The wedding coordinator saves you time too by assisting you with the guest list and contact those guests that don’t RSVP on time. A wedding can be very demanding so you need to conserve energy for your big day.
Missy is an independent Wedding Coordinator. She works with a team of great people that not only will be available to assist you on your wedding day, but can also help with your floral arrangements as well as invitations.
I have had the pleasure of working this great group of guys, that not only have an incredible eye for video but are some of the nicest videographers in the wedding industry. They are located in Miami, Florida right around the Tamiami Airport Area and I recommend all my wedding clients straight to them when I first meet with them. Most people don’t consider Videography to be such an important part of their wedding day. But I can assure you, your wedding day will go by so fast, all those months you spent planning your wedding will soon be gone right before your eyes and all that will be left are bits and pieces of what your day consisted of.
Photographs will last forever but your video will allow you to listen to those vows, the toasts, and those special moments you might have missed out on. I highly recommend my future wedding clients to look into videography as well as photography. I encourage all my brides to save a little more on certain things and spend more on what will really last you a lifetime.
To see more of Concept Lounge Creation’s work visit them on