In order for your wedding day to run smoothly there are plenty of things that should be taken care of well in advance; but due to the nature of the day and how stressful things can become, we always try to help out our couples in remembering certain details that will make it easier for them to relax on their special day.
– We recommend always having a timeline ready at least a week before the wedding. This timeline should be e-mailed out to all your vendors especially to your photographers so that we know where you will be and at what time to photograph you and the details.
– We recommend having one of the bridesmaids or the maid of honor be responsible for where all the details are during the prepping shots. This bridesmaid should also be the one to gather all the items and take them to the ceremony site.
– In order to have an amazing backdrop during the bride’s prepping shots we recommend getting a nice bridal suite close to the ceremony site. This will ensure that all your bridesmaids will be with you and make it more fun for you and your bridal party while you’re getting dressed. It will also ease the stress and anxiety before you walk down the aisle.
– Having your flowers delivered to where you’re getting ready is also one of the things you should consider so that when you’re fully dressed and looking beautiful we can take advantage of some free time and take some of the bridal portraits. Therefore, your bouquet should be where you are.
– We always recommend our Brides and Grooms to get their bouquet and garter toss done right after the cake cutting and before the dancing begins. This should all be done right after dinner. This will allow those guests that have children leave when they need to, or the older crowd that goes to bed early leave right after the cake cutting.
– One of the best advice I can give my brides is to have an emergency kit ready with them. This will include clear nail polish, mints, a sewing kit, stain treater, visine, safety pins, bobby pins, pain relievers, deodorant, and baby powder. That baby powder is the best thing when you’re wearing a mermaid style gown and getting married outdoors.
– If you’re getting married outdoors always make sure to have a “rain plan” ready with your coordinator.
And finally… always remember that no matter how much you plan and how much you try to control things… Something will probably go wrong, take it slowly, accept it, and just enjoy yourself the most you can. Your wedding day will come and go very quickly and what matters is the commitment you’re making to each other in front of your family and friends everything else is just superficial.